Follow @trekkest

Monday, June 2, 2008

Graduation Day

I can remember attending what I am calling my "last graduation ceremony" like an alcoholic remembers his last drink. My niece was gorgeous, I was so proud of her when she walked up to the platform and received her degree. I got a wonderful picture. She has a very successful career, a terrific husband and we love them both!

But something about the insanely boring speaker and so many thoughtless and immature graduates around her throwing tortillas and stuff throughout the entire ceremony just leaves me limp and lifeless when someone invites me to another one. I have managed to survive a great number of days without attending a graduation and still have most of my friends.

So, in honor of graduation this year, I would like to send you to a link of a really terrific graduation address from Conan O'Brien in 2000 to the Harvard Graduating class--his alma mater, by the way. I don't think they were throwing stuff yet in 2000 so I imagine it was a lot of fun for everyone there.
http://www.february-7.com/features/conan.htm

Thanks in advance for reading my blog. If you come back this way again, please visit my website at: http://www.rltphotoartist.com

No comments: