Follow @trekkest

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Riverside The City of Arts and Innovation. Are You New in Town?

Riverside The City of Arts and Innovation



Hi,



Just wanted to talk about my new website and especially my page dedicated to all of those of you who are looking for how to connect in the arts community in Riverside.  The Arts Walk is such a great place to start and I have included helpful links for recreation, a great coffee bistro, museums, famous landmarks in Riverside, and how to enter your art into various shows in the city.  There are lots more things to add but I started here just to whet your appetite.



If you are new in Riverside and need city services, call 311.  If you need social services of any kind including the suicide hotline and other types of social services help, call 211 in Riverside and you will be right at Connect Riverside--your source for lots of help in Riverside.  They have helped me too!  I recommend them.  Tell you friends and anyone you think might need their help.  Their website is also on my links.



A special shout out to Martin Tobias, one of Riverside's Favorite Artists!  His website is www.tobiasstudios.com and he has some great stuff.  As always, I am a big fan of Jim Barta and his links are on my City of Arts and Innovation page as well.



Need a haircut in a friendly place?  Go see the people at Shear Antics.  Need shoes or a purse or a belt cut to a new size, go see Carlos at Tom's Shoe Repair in the Brockton Arcade.  Carlos can fix anything!



So that's it for now.  I can't tell you how many people came into my store and asked me about the happenings in Riverside. I always gave them these links to help them feel more connected.  Many of the people were long time residents who had no idea of the resources we have in our little city.



Please take a look at my fresh new redesigned website at www.photorestoration4u

Thanks again for reading my blog...and for those of you who do not live here, thanks for bearing with me while I boast about our wonderful arts community here.



Have a happy week!





Renee :-)






No comments: