Follow @trekkest

Friday, July 25, 2014

ASCII...Just a little more nerdiness for any of you who are interested in it...

This is an extra post...don't worry, I am not going to go too much nerdier than this on my blog.  Regular Blog for PhotoShop Restoration Hints posts this weekend.  Thanks...

Well, well, well,   I am going to show what an old hack I am here...but I thought some of you might like to know about ASCII...pronounced "asskee" from the American Standard Code for Information Interchange....
It's just a little history that you might enjoy knowing if you don't know already.

ASCII - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia has most of the historical information on it on this link.


So, the Wikipedia Link above  goes into a lot of information about why it was needed back in the day.  BUT, the two things I find it helpful for still is with the accent mark on my name on an email or a copyright sign on my website.

©  Hold down the alt key and type in 0169 at the same time and you get this  © copyright character.
é  Hold down the alt key and type 0233 at the same time and you get the accent mark over the e.

There are tons of these...you need to know this less and less as the internet becomes more WYSIWYG....what you see is what you get....pronounced "wizzy wig"

See if there is a cool character that you need for your name or something else and have fun here...

http://ascii.cl/htmlcodes.htm

This blog is brought to you by a nerd who just doesn't want the world to forget the simple beginnings of HTML...(hypertext markup language)...and what the geniuses who have come along have added to it and tweaked it to keep it evolving as the way we talk to each other on the world wide web.  The internet is soooo coool.

Thanks for reading my little extra snippet blog today.  More on Sunday with my regular blog of Restoration Tips.

Renée L. Theuer
www.rltphotoartist.com
www.photorestoration4u.com

renée@rltphotoartist.com


No comments: