Follow @trekkest

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Photo Restoration Hints Number 22...YouTube is GREAT for showing the world your mad skills!

Hi Again,

There you are again, still reading my blog...and it looks like we have a few new folks that came in today. Thanks for being with me.  I feel like the clown looking through the looking glass on that children's show of yesteryear.  Wow, I am really showing my age.  Those of you who don't know what I am talking about, please forgive me.

I want to say a few things about how easy it is to use YouTube to not only get information about how to use Photo Shop better, but to actually show off your work.  If you go here.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uixwUwWI-Q (cut and past this into your browser by highlighting the whole weird website address... with control,c and then pasting into your browser at the top with a control,v.).  

Take some time to get to know YouTube.  It has really expanded over the years to a become a place that even offers you your own Channel.  I just have one video that I use for my websites and as the signature on my emails and it works great.  Upload 10 or so of your own before and after pictures and use their music to make a slide show that can be put on your website, facebook page or anywhere else your little heart desires. This is one more way to spread yourself around the internet (no SEO comments will follow, I promise, maybe).  

At this writing, my friend Jim Barta has over 190 views with 300 minutes of attention on his show.  People looked at it for a while. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofrXZCshkYw      Just let the individuals that created the music get credit when they ask you on YouTube.  Also, YouTube has a bunch of music you can choose as well.  You don't need to know how to make a slide show or how to convert the slideshow into their format, it is done for you.  How about that?  Most people would still rather watch Fail Videos on Russian Car Crashes or Drag Racing on city streets....At least yours is pointed to everytime you send an email if you make it part of your "signature".  Each html based email program has a setting to allow you to input a "signature" that goes out on each email.  My Peggie and Bob Restoration file has a life of its own.

The URL (website address) looks very strange in YouTube, but you have all seen these weird, long website addresses on your emails about the cute cat that rides the vacuum cleaner in the shark outfit or the skateboarding dog.  All good stuff, for sure.  If you have something you have worked really hard on, YouTube can help you let your friends know what you are up to in photo restoration.  If none of this makes sense to you, play the video and then cut and paste the address in your browser into wherever you want and it will pop up showing your photo restoration magic...very cool.

Now, go look at those Russian Car Crash videos...they all have video cameras inside of their cars and I don't see any defensive driving going on .... a lot of turning left from the far right lane and turning right from the far left lane, though. See you next week.

No comments: