Follow @trekkest

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Photo Restoration Hints Number Twenty Three...The Wonderful World of Podcasts about Photo Restoration

I love Podcasts about Photo Shop.  I can open up my podcast program and see uses and methods for Photo Shop that I have never seen before.  My favorite so far sends a weekly podcast to you showing some kind of magic that you just have to learn how to do to really know Photo Shop.  Itunes has this podcast.

I got started on this WONDERFUL PODCAST on my iPad about probably an equally wonderful book called....Understanding Adobe Photoshop by Richard Harrington and RHED Pixel as podcaster.  Harrington "covers both the specific skills and techniques you'll need for professional success" according to the Podcast Description.  The description continues say that this book/podcast  "teaches you the essential digital imaging techniques in Adobe Photoshop that you'll need to succeed both in the classroom and the workforce."

In fact, these wonderful podcasts come faster than I can get to them much less absorb them into my work flow.  It's all good information though and I need to buy his book.  In fact, I am going to Amazon.com now to do just that....it includes a cd and I know I will put this to good use having tried out so many of the quick tips on the podcast.  Also, nice to note that there are others out there that agree with me about the usefulness of this resource.

I was going to recommend more podcasts like the one about one minute tips...but this will do for now. Do have lots of fun but don't let the volume of them make you think you will never be an expert if you don't memorize all of these tricks and tips.  It's just another resource when you come up against something you need to learn on the fly to complete a project you promised someone you could do.  The important things that this podcast can do for you:

1.  It will give you ideas of techniques that you never thought of before or long ago forgot.  You may or may not have a practical reason for absorbing this information at this very moment.

2.  It's hit or miss whether or not you are going to remember this for the next time anyway so you have a reference you can save on your device to come back to when you need it.

3.  After a while, there are so many new things to learn that you can get lost.  I do, anyway...and I end up erasing the podcasts to make room for more old time radio detective stories.  So, I bought the book just now.

I have talked to more new users of Photo Shop who don't try because they are so thoroughly  intimidated by the program. This doesn't have to be the case.  Pick and Choose the items you want to focus on at the time. Learn the things you need to know to do the jobs in front of you right now...go back and relearn the things you learned or read about a while ago.  Get really friendly with the index of your Photo Shop "How To" library of books.

You can always get a book and start from beginning to end to learn lots of stuff or take a class at community college.  However, as an older learner, I really have to have a practical need to learn something at this point in order for it to stick in my brain so I can use it.

I'll read the book and make my recommendations later.

Thanks for reading my blog...it means a lot to me...

Renee Theuer :-)





No comments: