Follow @trekkest

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Seach Engine Optimization Photo Restoration Hints Part Sixteen

SEO--It's a fancy acronym for getting Google and other search engines to "see" your website.  Optimizing used to be about linking up with as many other businesses as possible, do a blog, make sure your website is full of relative content for the web spiders to crawl over and join a few sites like Merchant Circle or Facebook.  So, I decided to go really public on social media after reading a couple of dummies books on optimizing and social media.

But,  I think I may have gone too far this weekend. 
I hooked up with twitter, linkedIn (I quit ignoring it, that is) Facebook Fan Page, Google Plus, and Thumbtack, for heavens sake.  So far, I have followers on Twitter and I don't know what I am supposed to do to keep them with me or how I can get thousands more to follow me anywhere....hahaha. I signed up with more helpful promotional sites but I forget now as I was clicking on anything that blinked late last night.

As you begin to click on the ads to "help", you can download "free" stuff and start getting lots of emails about how spending 49-100-to ? per month will help you optimize like nobody's been optimized before. I have been on the internet a long time and have a good "name" if you search me by name. But my name needs to come up higher in the natural search results under a photo restoration search.  Not to mention the fact that a couple of businesses that do not exist any longer are still showing up in the photo restoration search before my own results do under photo restoration.

But, what I really learned is that if you look to the second or third pages of your search, you will see more search sites that you can individually add your own website to.   And...for about 35.00 a year, Godaddy will put you into a  bunch of sites automatically including Yellow Pages!   I like the way Godaddy does this.   Their website for their web hosting customers is much simpler to use now.  In case you have not been there lately, they have redesigned their landing page from the complete hot mess it used to be with confusing products all screaming for your attention to a real workable format that explains your options and allows you to manage without human help.  It's a good thing, too because their wait times have increased a lot and the rep I spoke to today gave me the impression that I was ignorant when I asked if they offered any free services with my new website order.  I logged in and found some nice extras included.  Imagine that!


Thanks for reading my blog....








No comments: