Follow @trekkest

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Google Ad Sense...Does it make sense? Photo Restoration Hints Seventeen

Ok...I had to know...is Google AdSense the way for me to increase my visibility on the internet?

So,  I decided to go all the way and sign up with Google AdSense. You start with an analyst who helps you to put together an ad that will get attention based upon search terms (ad words) and then you decide on a budget.  The budget has to be enough to compete with others who are bidding with you for that little piece of real estate to the right of the natural search results for the search term that gets entered.  They have all kinds of information available and they help you craft the best ad.  I have to say that they spend time trying to get to know what you do...including going to your website and taking a look.  I agreed to a 10.00 a day budget or 300.00 a month.  They give you a chance to bail out anytime with a pause button that you control.

Well, I agonized for ten days... Including the Memorial Day Holiday weekend  ending it on Tuesday morning.

I had checked it constantly and never saw my ad once when I googled 'photo restoration'.  My meager little $10.00 a day (300 per month billing cycle)  didn't even look like it was enough to register an impression on the photo restoration searches that I did.  Evidently, Costco and everybody else is spending waaaaay more than me...including lots of people from out of town and out of state.

So, does Google Adsense make sense for me as a very small business?

I have to admit that I had really high expectations based upon all the advertising that they do and the big pitch they give you on the phone when you call for information.  I thought it was interesting that less than 50 people saw my ad in about 10 days AND not one person clicked on it.  You don't get charged until they click...and you don't get a chance until they do.  It was a really good learning experience for me...the disappointing and sad kind of experience. But that's information that you need to find out for yourself.  This isn't for me.

Post Card Mailings or door handle hangers are looking pretty good to me about now.

Thanks for reading my blog....

Renee

No comments: